The services are provided by registered nurses, nurse practitioners, and a female physician who has undergone special training in women’s health care. Medical and gynecological physician consultants are available.
- Advice nurse available to answer your questions at (860) 486-3427
- Routine exams including Pap smear If you have had physical exam & Pap smear done within the past year, we can review those records, and may accept them in place of our physical and Pap smear. You may then get your pills here through the Women’s clinic. Please have your provider fax a copy of the notes from your last GYN exam and cytology report of your Pap smear to the Women’s Clinic fax at (860) 486-5300.
- Breast self exam instructions and breast checks
- Contraceptive education and counseling, Condoms are always available for free
- Prescriptions for all contraception – diaphragms, birth control pills and Depo-Provera injection, Nuvaring and Nexplanon.
- Diagnosis and treatment of vaginal infection
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
- Work-up, treatment of referral for amenorrhea (i.e., lack of periods of abnormal periods)
- Diagnosis and treatment of premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Pregnancy testing
- Pregnancy options counseling including referrals for obstetric services, pregnancy termination, adoption, and other counseling services.
- Pre- and post-abortion counseling and physical exams
- Referral to a gynecologist as indicated
- HPV vaccine (Gardasil)
- Colposcopy & biopsy of the cervix to check abnormal Pap tests
- Confidential HIV testing and counseling
- Plan B (Morning After Pill / Emergency Contraception) is now available “Over the Counter” for purchase by anyone (female or male) 17 years old and over. The emergency contraception medication, Ella, is another option but requires a prescription.
- You can purchase Plan B from the Student Health Services Pharmacy, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. or at the Advice Nurse desk on the first floor on Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- You must bring a drivers license to show date of birth when purchasing Plan B.
- Please call 860-486-4700 for an appointment if you wish to obtain Ella.
There is a fee for most of our services. You MUST bring your insurance information at the time of your appointment. Our business office now accepts cash, personal check, credit card or Husky Bucks. Please note: Any patient that does not show up for a scheduled appointment will be charged a fee. Patients are asked to complete a health history with some very explicit questions. These help us in evaluating your health risks. You are not obligated to answer any questions which make you feel uncomfortable. Our pharmacy is not a retail pharmacy; therefore only prescriptions written by a Student Health Services staff clinician can be filled there. Our Pharmacy also sells non-prescription items (e.g. yeast medications, spermicidal products, reality condoms, etc.) Charges for Laboratory procedures (e.g. pregnancy tests, STD tests) may go on your fee bill as “Lab Miscellaneous”, or they may be submitted to your insurance company. Contraceptives may go on your fee bill as “Pharmacy Charges” if you wish.