When campus is closed due to inclement weather, please call before coming in for an on-site appointment.
If you are experiencing respiratory virus symptoms such as fever, cough or shortness of breath, please call us first rather than walking in without an appointment. Call 860-486-4700 and select option 1, then option 2.
Do you think you have COVID-19 symptoms? Try the CDC's Coronavirus Self-Checker.
UPCOMING HEALTH AND WELLNESS EVENTS
Our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preventative Measures
UConn Student Health and Wellness will remain in operation but, in alignment with Gov. Lamont's “Stay Safe, Stay Home” policy, we have changed our model for how we assess, treat, and support our students. This is a dynamic process and continues to evolve, so please watch this page for updates.
For the immediate future, we will:
- Prefer that you do not walk in without an appointment. CALL BEFORE YOU COME so that we may triage you appropriately and direct you to the correct location: 860-486-4700.
- Continue to provide follow-up care to our established patients.
- Move the majority of our clinical encounters to phone and telemedicine* so we may continue to diagnose, monitor, or treat an illness or injury.
- Pre-screen students prior to their entering the building for scheduled in-person clinical appointments.
- Continue to practice social distancing as much as possible.
- You will see that chairs in the hallways and waiting room have been spaced accordingly along with 6-foot demarcations along the floors.
- Provide Pharmacy services at curb-side. Details can be found here.
*Please see our guide for Healthcare from your Home to make the best of your telemedicine experience.
SAVE TIME – GO ONLINE!
Student Health and Wellness maintains a web portal through which you may:
Schedule an appointment with a healthcare provider(temporarily suspended)
- Receive Secure Messages from your provider
- Complete pre-appointment or other required forms
- Upload your required insurance cards or health history forms
- View your immunization history
- Access itemized receipts for services
It's easy! Use the portal link and log in with your UConn NetID.
INFO REGARDING HEALTH HISTORY DEADLINE
Health History Forms must be submitted by January 1st or a hold will be placed on your Student Admin account.
A hold on your account will block your ability to add/drop classes, change your dorm room, or register for the following semester. In addition, for Storrs students, you will be blocked from using the Rec Center. A physical exam is NOT required, but it is a state law for matriculated students to submit proof of immunization before attending classes.
Storrs Campus students may obtain the required immunizations at Student Health and Wellness. Call 860-486-2719 to make a Medical Care appointment. All usual fees will apply. NOTE: Regional Campus students living on the Storrs Campus who have paid the Health and Wellness Fee may also utilize our medical care services. All other Regional Campus students will need to seek these services in their community.
All accepted students should have received an email with instructions on how to process your forms correctly. If you did not receive an email, please see the New Student Packet through the Forms link on the menu above. Once you have submitted your health history forms, please give us a week to process your form. Specific questions or concerns may be directed to our Medical Records department at 860-486-2985.
We do not provide notes that excuse students from classes, activities, etc. Please read our Verification of Visit policy here if you need to show that you were seen for medical care at Student Health and Wellness.
DON’T MISS OUT BECAUSE OF MISSING MANDATORY IMMUNIZATIONS!
- Can't get into the Rec Center?
- Locked out of Room Change?
- Can't Add/drop Classes?
You may not be compliant with the regulations regarding immunizations! Go to the Requirements tab above for more info.