Health care and health insurance information
Our goal at Student Health Services is to keep you as healthy as possible during your time at UConn. We also want to make sure you understand all of health requirements. Health care and immunization practices can be different in other countries. Reviewing and complying with our requirements will ensure a smooth orientation and registration process.
- Important health insurance information for all international students
- Please note that your international insurance needs to comply with your student visa requirements
- Important health insurance information for graduate teaching and research assistants
- Mandatory Immunization information for all international students
- If you do not provide all of the required immunization documentation, you will not be able to register for classes and you will not be able to use the student recreation center.
It is very important that you complete the requirements and submit proof of immunizations on our Student Health History Form before your arrival at UConn.
Please complete and submit this information as soon as possible. Do not wait until your arrival on campus!
The deadline to submit your form is July 1 for the Fall Semester and January 1 for the Spring Semester.
Be sure to keep copies of all your forms for your personal record. If you have any other health and immunization documents, please make photocopies of everything and send them along with your health history form. This will prevent having any problems with registration and housing when you arrive.
If you are not able to complete the requirements before your arrival at UConn, plan to attend the health screening clinic during orientation week where all mandatory vaccinations, TB testing and blood tests will be done on a fee for service basis.